Sunday, September 9, 2007

Epilogue

The Aussie Redneck Tour has ended for me and what it trip it has been. It started as a joke almost and turned into a real thing quite quickly. The real thing turned into one of the nicest trips I have done in my years of travelling.

The people I met, the places I have been and things I did all left memories, good memories. That is what travelling is all about for me, meeting people, seeing things and go home with lots of good memories.

The boys did well in their last days although Crackles again tried to become the next Evil Knievel. A few scratches on the bike, elbow and ego and he was off again ;) Last I heard he was heading into the sunset with the love of his life !

I have had a bit of sad news though. The Kawasaki can't make it to Holland !! That is, I don't have European type approval, although the bike will be near identical to European types, and the Benelux distributor does not want to endorse his type approval onto my bike. So the choice is to pay a fortune and get type approval here or to sell the bike. I will probably do the last as the total cost of getting it here is getting to be ridiculous (remember Holland has a special tax on bikes and cars that is not yet outlawed by the EU).

Sad indeed as the bike and I have become such good friends, ah well I still have the Fireblade and although it is not as comfy it is definitely an awesome bike as well.

To all of you who have followed the trip via this site, thanks for your interest and hopefully we "meet" again !!

No comments: